??

Friday, August 12, 2011

L0ve & Friendship

Love

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I. 

Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up. 

Love is always bestowed as a gift - freely, willingly and without expectation. We don't love to be loved; we love to love. 

One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.

Friendship

A friend should be one in whose understanding and virtue we can equally confide, and whose opinion we can value at once for its justness and its sincerity. 

But friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life, and thanks to a benevolent arrangement the greater part of life is sunshine. 

Friendship is held to be the severest test of character. It is easy, we think, to be loyal to a family and clan, whose blood is in your own veins. 

I don't need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment